Sunday, July 25, 2010

Shark Tale

So William asks me this past week, "Mom, can we make me a shark tooth necklace?" I asked him why and he said because he had seen several people at camp with shark teeth necklaces and since the shark is one of his favorite animals, he thought it would be cool. I told him first we would have to figure out where to find a shark tooth. I checked Michael's, no luck. Then we went to the bead store in Chandler called Another Bead Please and no luck. The gal there said to try Black Market Minerals at Arizona Mills Mall. We gave it a try. Walked in the store and found two baskets full of shark teeth. Plenty to choose from. Here's the one William picked.....


Now, how to turn it into a necklace. I would have to wire wrap it. I've only done wire wrapping one time before so I wasn't sure how long it would take me or if it would even turn out. It ended up taking less time then I thought. Not anything too fancy but William loves it and that's what counts!




1 comment:

  1. Welcome Joanie... love your blog and the idea for the shark tooth... Amaya just picked one up to at the Gem and Mineral Show up in Prescott last weekend... so I will refer to the shark tooth experts when I see you next... she wants a necklace too... see you soon... Becky

    ReplyDelete