Thursday, October 27, 2011

Care package

I love my Mama!  That goes without saying.  She's the one that got me started on crafts.  She started me on latch hook rugs.  Remember those!?  Then she showed me how to needlepoint.  Then I got away from crafts for a while.  It wasn't until I was married and had my first child that I revisited the desire to start crafting again.  I tried cross-stitch and then stamping.  That's when my love for paper arts really took off.  My mom's craft of choice was and still is plastic canvas.  When my husband and I first bought our house, that is how I was able to decorate it, with her handi-work.  She would look for reasons to make anything.  Alot of the Halloween decorations I have, are in plastic canvas.  Mom hasn't sent me anything in a long time.  The other day, I received small package in the mail.  It was from Mom.  I couldn't understand why I was getting one.  She usually gives me a heads up when she's sending something. 


She sent me some decorations.  The bigger pieces have magnets on them for the fridge.  The little ones are bookmarks.  They are so cute!  I wrote to thank her that it was great getting a little present in the mail because she hadn't sent me something like this in so long.  She said if I promised to be good, she would send some more.  I promise, Mama, I promise!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment