Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Minor "surgery"

While unpacking all the halloween decorations, William found the skeleton that we bought last year.  He was looking a little worse for wear.  The desert heat is not nice to plastic when it's stored in the garage.  Our skeleton had lost a finger and a foot.  What to do?  Mommy and her glue gun to the rescue!  I didn't think the glue would hold.  The plastic I had to work with on the foot was pretty thin.  In the end, it worked out.  Will was a happy camper. 

Now, here's what's funny.  William had gotten these two bouncy balls that look like eyeballs and he takes them out and plays with them every year.  (We keep them packed with the Halloween stuff.)  While he was playing, he said, "hey, look, they fit in my skeleton pretty good.  Mom, do you think you could use the hot glue to glue them on?"  How could I resist!  So now, our skelton has eyeballs.


Doesn't he look like a happy guy?  Haha!  William wanted to hang it on his bedroom door.  Why, I don't know.  If I had this thing hanging on my door, I would freak out every time I passed it.  And, of course, that's what happened for the first few days, until we got used to him being there. 


Skully looks pretty happy with his new eyeballs and new home.  Haha!  Happy Hauntings!

No comments:

Post a Comment